Don’t be afraid to sign the petitions. Government Code §6253.5 provides that the recall petitions: “shall not be deemed to be public records and shall not be open to inspection except by the public officer or public employees who have the duty of receiving, examining or preserving the petitions.”
Please follow these directions carefully:
Any registered voter can sign a Recall Petition for the countywide positions of District Attorney and Auditor. If you need assistance with determining whether or not you are a registered voter, you may call the Elections Department during normal business hours: (530) 621-7480
Step 2: Click and Print the Petitions
- Auditor Controller Joe Harn Petition for Recall: harn-petition-for-recall-letter
- District Attorney Vern Pierson Petition for Recall: pierson-petition-for-recall-letter
- Print your name and residence address, as you are registered to vote.
- Sign your signature underneath your printed name, and print the name of the city in which you live and your zip code.
- Do not use “ditto marks” anywhere on the Petition.
- You do not have to fill in all of the signature blocks for the petition to be valid. You may submit your petition with as few as one completed signature block.
- In order for the petitions to be valid, the Declaration at the bottom of the page must be filled out to show that the signer is witnessing their own signature.